UPDATE as of 7/28/2021
Class Registration: Proof of vaccination will be required to register for the Fall Term and consequent terms until further notice.
GLAZE BENCHTIME: Past students can only come in for glaze benchtime if they are vaccinated.
UPDATE as of 5/19/2021
The State of New York has announced significant easing of Covid-19 restrictions on businesses starting May 19th.
What does this mean for us at BrickHouse?
BrickHouse wants to continue to be as safe as possible.
Our goal is to get to 100% vaccination status at BrickHouse so that everyone is able to feel safe and be comfortable . If you have been vaccinated, we need to know. Please bring proof of vaccination and show to Megan, Ellen or your instructor. A New York State Excelsior Pass can be used to confirm your status. Get your pass here.
ASSOCIATES & STAFF: Proof of vaccination is required by July 1st.
STUDENTS: Proof of vaccination will be required to register for the summer term.
BrickHouse will continue to require the use of 95% masks in the studio. If you do not have access to this type of mask, please let us know.
CLASSES: Current classes (Spring Session 2) will continue with the same number of students. Summer Term will have added seating and a larger class size.
ASSOCIATE STUDIO: The Associate area is in the process of accommodating more people.
BrickHouse will continue to uphold original safety measures that are listed on this page, save for changes mentioned above.
UPGRADED MASK POLICY as of 02/04/2021
BrickHouse requires the use of 95% masks in our studio to create a safe working environment at BrickHouse. 95% masks are tight-fitting and filter out at least 95% of particles in the air, including large and small particles.
There is a limited supply of complimentary masks which were donated by members of the BrickHouse community. Please plan ahead and wear/bring your own KN95/N95/95% mask to the studio.
Additional donations are needed to keep our community safe. Please contact Ellen (email@example.com) if you would like to donate/purchase masks for BrickHouse.
Welcome back! We are excited to announce our reopening. It's been 4 1/2 months since we have been able to work in the studio and we have missed you and the creativity and energy of our home away from home.
The studio will be open for Associates and staff starting on Monday, August 3rd. I hope you have all been well and are eager to return.
Classes will resume starting September 14th with decreased capacity.
We have transformed the studio for social distancing and are ready for your return. We ask that you follow the protocols listed below.
We are committed to maintaining a safe place for our students and artists to learn, work, and create. These new safety measures have been carefully considered to support and promote the safety and health of our community.
ALL STAFF, STUDENTS, ASSOCIATES, AND FACULTY ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THESE POLICIES:
- While in the studio, MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.
- If you HAVE ANY SYMPYOMS of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to others who HAVE ANY SYMPTYOMS of COVID-19, DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO. Students who must cancel participation due to illness will be provided a credit for a future class.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms do not enter the studio. Self-quarantine for 14 days before returning.
- If YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR household, suspects they have COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, they MUST notify BrickHouse immediately. Your privacy will be respected, but we need to begin contact tracing IMMEDIATELY to help control potential spread of the virus. We will communicate the potential of risk to the community, and may need to close for a short time for intensive cleaning and disinfection.
- SCREENINGS AND HAND SANITIZING are required before entering the studio.
- Store all bags and parcels upon entering.
- Use the hand sanitizer station, or use your own hand sanitizer, immediately upon entering the studio.
- THEN your temperature will be checked upon entering the studio. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher must leave.
- THEN wash your hands. Wash your hands often while you are in the studio.
- A sign-in/sign-out sheet is at the front door to aid in contact tracing should that be required. The sheet will be destroyed after 30 days.
- A health certification form is required. We will provide this form once you enter the studio.
- PLEASE be aware of social distancing at all times, six-feet apart.
- The hand building tables, wheels, and other equipment have been placed or marked with tape to ensure social distancing. DO NOT move tables/chairs or add chairs.
- All meals should be eaten in the kitchen area. Social distancing means only 2 persons will be allowed to sit in the kitchen area at one time. Buffet style or communal food sharing is not allowed.
- Studio dishware, silverware and dishwashing will not be available. Bring what you need to eat in the studio.
- No children or guests are allowed in the studio. No outside visitors will be permitted.
- Please arrive on-time. Students and appointments should arrive on-time for their reserved time. Please do not arrive early or leave late to allow ample time and social distancing for those entering/exiting.
- Class sizes will be limited to ensure appropriate social distancing can be observed. Scheduling for visits outside of class time will be required to limit attendance.
- Students should bring their own supplies and limit the sharing of equipment. Shared equipment and items should be wiped down before use. Antibacterial/antiviral spray cleaner and wipes will be provided in each studio. Please thoroughly clean your area at the end of your class session.
BRICKHOUSE will monitor state and local health department notices daily about transmission in the area and will adjust our operations as necessary.
We ask that everyone respect the guidelines above. Stay healthy. Stay safe. And stay home when sick. This is a team effort. We need your help to keep everyone safe.